Pasta a la Sumatra
(My own created recipe)Ingredients:
- 100 gram of Rigatoni or spaghetti or whichever you like
- 1 big tomato cut into slices
- A quarter of onion cut into slices
- A clove of garlic, minced
- 1 spring onion or chives, cut it approximately 2cm
- Little bit of Tempe (if available or change with tofu) cut it into small pieces
- Salt to taste
- And remaining of your rendang sauce with a piece of the beef if you still have it (you also can use left-over of other curry if you don’t have this rendang)
- 2 spoons of cooking oil or olive oil
- Ground pepper if you like
Boil the pasta with little bit of salt until al dente or reaching the softness you like then sieve it.
While the pasta is boiling, start to prepare the sauce. Heat the oil in a pan then sautéed the Tempe for 2 or 3 minutes then add onion and garlic until light brown. Put slices of tomato in until it’s withered then add the rendang sauce give a pinch of salt if necessary then add the spring onion. Take off the pan from the heat after 5 minutes then add this sauce to the sieved pasta.